Printfriendly

RSS

My Sewing Goals

I have an intermediate goal of making myself some simple dresses and pants.  I also want to make my son a Halloween costume.  In the end, my goal is to be able to make my son two suits from patterns.  I will also be working on the Tasha's Sewing Tuts 2013 Fall Fashion Challenge.  As of this moment, I do not have a sewing machine.  I will be doing as much by hand as possible as I learn about following and drafting patterns and various sewing techniques. I have recently taken advantage of pattern sales and my choices have indicated my own ambition. (Some of my patterns do NOT say, "Easy." You will see this when I post my Butterick haul next week.)




This post serves as a resource listing if things that I, a beginning sewer, want to learn immediately.  This post links to tutorials on sewing techniques and pattern alterations, especially making them bigger.
Here are the patterns that I have chosen as my assessments of progress on goals:

My son's Halloween costume:
My son's Christmas suits:

Below is a list of skills I need to master in time to make my son a suit for Christmas.
And for me
Finally, I would like to eventually draft slopers and eventually patterns for me and my son.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment