Printfriendly

RSS

Day 14: I Tried the First 10 Minutes of the 5 Mile Walk and Beginning Running

Since my biggest issue with finishing the three mile walk tape was time and fatigue, but I feel that it is time to step up my workout anyway. So for this week, instead of doing the three mile walk, I will do three miles of the five mile walk using the warm up from the one mile walk to cool down.

Today, I spent quite a bit of time looking into bras and shoes because I don't want any unnecessary pain from my workouts and I am tuning up to run. My goal is to run a mile in 8-10 minutes. If I can do that, I want to get down to six minutes. I hope I can do it, but that is a long range goal. For now a twelve minute mile is fast enough.

Today, I did the first ten minutes of the 5 mile walk. I only stopped because my mini me wasn't down and he woke up early this morning, didn't take a nap, and went to bed at the normal time.

What I noticed about this workout is that each mile is about 12 minutes as opposed to 15 (as in the one, two, and three mile walks). There are jogging sections as well. A perfect step up to my goal to run.

Tomorrow, I will give it a full go. I may make it to four miles!

Average Time to Run a Mile

I also did a 20 second plank, 50 squats, and a 30 second wall sit because they are quiet exercises that could be done after everyone was asleep.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment