Printfriendly

RSS

Can't Believe It's Oven Fried Chicken

When I was a child, my grandmother cooked chicken so many ways and she taught me all of them, but today we are making fried chicken.  The first way I learned to make chicken was in a pressure cooker.  It was simple-- put the chicken in the basket, lower the basket, turn the knob, and wait for the bell to ding.  Perfectly crispy and juicy chicken every time.  


The second way I learned to fry chicken was to deep fry it on the stove. (I think the pressure cooker broke because I never saw it again.) Here is a tip: Watch the bubbles. When you first put the chicken in, the bubbles are really large.  As the chicken cooks, the bubbles get smaller.  That helps you tell which pieces are done.  It think it has something to do with the amount of water coming out of the chicken.

Finally, I learned to oven fry chicken.  I have been oven frying chicken since I was about 13 years old.  It is my preferred method of cooking chicken because I love fried chicken but I HATE (can't emphasize that enough) cleaning up grease.  I hate cleaning the splatters! I hate cleaning the pot!  I hate trying to find newspaper so I can throw the grease away!  I hate the guilt of dumping it down the drain!  I HATE CLEANING UP AFTER FRYING!!!

So anywho, I have several recipes for wing sauces on this blog.  I put them here to save until I can try them out.  Since I missed the chance to join my friend in going out for wings the last few weeks, I decided that there was no better time to try one out.  But again, I don't like frying; and besides, I am supposed to be trying to lose weight.  Fried chicken is not a part of my lifestyle change.  

So today, I oven fried some chicken.  Here is the way I got it perfectly crispy and golden brown.

I will be back with the seasoning mix I used.  My mother mixed it up in much the same way as my grandmother did.  I know it is salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and paprika.  I just don't know how much of each.  I do know it is about half seasoning salt.  The paprika makes the chicken that perfect golden brown you see in the picture!

I thawed the chicken in a bit of salt water.  

Then I sprinkled the mixed seasonings generously over the chicken.  And I do mean generously!  Leave no chicken not red!!

Then I poured olive oil over the seasoned chicken, coating it lightly.

Then I breaded the chicken in the following:
5 T. flour
3 T. panko bread crumbs
2 T. Parmesan cheese
Here is a tip for breading: Put the breading ingredients in a bag and shake to mix them.  Then, put the chicken in the mixed breading in the bag.  My grandmother used to bread her chicken in doubled grocery bags.  Works great and is very economical!

I put the chicken in a greased pan and sprayed the top of the chicken with cooking spray.

I baked the chicken for 35 minutes at 425 degrees F.  

Now we all know ovens vary so you may need to adjust the cook time, but this should get you started.

Here are pictures.  I served them with garlic green beans.



J

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

Dennis Alfred said...

HOW I FINALLY GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 THROUGH HERBALIST RAZOR HERBAL MEDICINE, What else can I say about him [HERBALIST RAZOR], today I am very grateful to him as I am finally cured of herpes Virus 1&2 . I know there are many people out there who are also in searching for cure to one disease or the other, you can as well get Dr Razor the great now for herbal medicine help through his contact address on herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com also on mobile what's app no +2349065420442 as I fully believe he is able and capable also getting rid of disease like HIV/AIDS, HPV, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS A.B,C,D,E . : Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

Post a Comment