Printfriendly

RSS

How to Clean Vaseline Out of Carpet



Now, just know that this is something that I had to do because my Little One got into the Vaseline and the picture you see is only part of the mess that he made! But it all came clean, and this is how I did it!


What you will need:
Spoon
Grocery bag
Rubbing alcohol
Cloths
Dish detergent (Dawn is best, but I used the Kroger brand.)
Bowl
Warm water


What to do:

  1. First, picked up the Vaseline container and put it into the grocery bag. Then, I used the spoon to scoop up the globs of Vaseline and put that too into the grocery bag. I threw the grocery bag away.
  2. Next, I put some rubbing on the cloth and worked on the affected area for a while.
  3. Then, I mixed dish detergent with warm water in the bowl. I used this mixture to wash the area a few times.
  4. When I was satisfied that grease was out (ok when I got tired), I used a towel to sponge up the excess water and then laid a towel down on top of the wet area so we could walk on it.

The next day, I lifted the towel only to see...











Just like new!  Well as like new as an ancient carpet will get.  It wasn't greasy or gross to the touch or anything (and I hate shoes! I never wear them!)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww… our little ones always have the tendency (and joy, haha!) to ruin our beautiful carpet. But I think that’s fine as long as you’re able to clean the mess. However, you should keep an eye on everything that he/she plays. It’s dangerous if they reached those harmful chemicals.

Deidra @MinuteManIntl.com

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right. But Vaseline is pretty harmless. I ate it as a child and am fine. He actually was putting it on his legs because that is what we do around here. We use it as lotion. He just had quite a bit on his legs. Lol. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Post a Comment