Printfriendly

RSS

Poetry in the Bible

Today's Scriptures are as follows:
Psalm 84
Hosea 11
Exodus 15: 1-18 

In addition to being a the Word of God, an instruction manual on life, and a way to grow closer to the Lord, the Bible is a beautiful piece of literature. Today's Scriptures are all passages of poetry. For the next few days, I will be sampling varieties and styles of the Bible. For all interested, I am reviewing my Disciple 1 materials. I used this book in Bible study in the past, but I am going to take all the time I need with it this go round.

As I read, I came across Psalm 91 somehow. Word choice is powerful and great poetry displays it every time. Psalms 84 exudes peace and the imagery was beautiful. The passage from Exodus makes me look at The Lord in awe, but it evokes a certain fear. I need this to reduce my stress.

The passage I chose today comes from Psalms 91:14-16


English Psalms 91:14-16
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

French-Psaumes 91:14-16
14 Puisqu'il m'aime, je le délivrerai; Je le protégerai, puisqu'il connaît mon nom.
15 Il m'invoquera, et je lui répondrai; Je serai avec lui dans la détresse, Je le délivrerai et je le glorifierai.
16 Je le rassasierai de longs jours, Et je lui ferai voir mon salut.

Spanish-Salmos 91:14-16
14 Por cuanto en mí ha puesto su voluntad, yo también lo libraré: Pondrélo en alto, por cuanto ha conocido mi nombre.
15 Me invocará, y yo le responderé: Con él estare yo en la angustia: Lo libraré, y le glorificaré.
16 Saciarélo de larga vida, Y mostraréle mi salud.

Translation via http://www.wordproject.org/index.htm.

These verses speak volumes to my effort to reduce stress. If I remember to love God, He will take care of me. I never forget to love Him (although I sometimes forget to show it) so I have nothing to fear. These verses basically say that God got my back! What can anyone or any thing or any situation do to you if God got your back? That means don't stress! You good! ;)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Timothy Eric said...

I was checking for solution in the internet when i miraculously came Across Dr USELU who is an american base herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals OF HERPES VIRUS (HSV 2) INFECTION, I was diagnosed of herpes virus Match 2nd 2017, then i contacted his Email:via (dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com) and explained everything to him. He mailed me a herbal medication which i took for 2 weeks and was cured of my HERPES VIRUS totally after using his Herbal medicine, So My friend why wait and suffer from this horrible disease when there is someone like Dr USELU that can cure any type of virus and disease such as HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS,LOW SPERM COUNT,ALS,LUPUS VIRUS. email Dr on (dr.uselucargiver@gmail.com) or Whats App him on ‭+2347052898482

Post a Comment