Printfriendly

RSS

Day 1: Didn't Finish, But Broke a Sweat

So, since my goal is to run a 5K, I thought that I would try Leslie Sansone's Walk Three Miles program. It is a 45 minute program. After 10 minutes, I had to take a break. Then, I got back up...for ten more minutes. After that, I was ready to quit. My heart felt like it was going to bust out my chest! But I toughed out about five or six more minutes. I was going to get back up, but my toddler convinced (and to be clear, it didn't take any strong argument) me to sit down and he took over for me. It was so cute watching a two year old do an exercise tape.

While I barely made it to one mile, let alone three, it was a good work out for me because I gave it my all and was dripping with sweat for the first time in my life. I have never let myself get that sweaty! It is just not cute! And my hair! OMG! I was such a gross mess!


But I am getting older. I have had my time to shine and I need to be able to keep up with my son. I also know that if I don't take action, he will be taking care of me soon and I DEFINITELY don't want that!

So, for these reasons, I will use this as an opportunity to develop some will-power and perseverance (because I have never succeeded in doing anything that I find hard because I quit).

Tomorrow morning, I will get up again and pop in the tape (really its a DVD). I will give my best effort, feel like my heart is going to bust through my shirt, and get ooey-gooey-gross as I don't just break a sweat, but shatter that thing! I am doing it for me, but I am doing it for him (my son) because he needs me!

P.S. I plan to do this for a week. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I will be able to complete the tape with fewer breaks. (We will see how tomorrow goes!)

P.P.S. I didn't get in the 10 servings of fruits and veggies, but I got about 6. I also got in my 6 glasses of water, but I will be working toward 8.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment