Printfriendly

RSS

Buttonholes, Zippers, and Linings! Oh, my!

So today, I sewed my son's vest together.  It is working up to be quite cute.  I followed the Professor Pincushion tutorial, but it was just so difficult closing the vest.  It is a nightmare sewing such a small garment.  I thought to just finish the vest up by hand instead of trying to use the machine, but against my better judgement, I used the machine.  It turned out ok though.  I also used my 4 step buttonhole stitches on my machine.  I don't understand how exactly the foot works, but the buttonholes turned out pretty nicely as well. (Although, I did put them on the wrong side.  I get so confused. Smh!)



I also sewed my skirt together.  I put on a waistband and installed a zipper!  My first zipper!  It is not perfect, but it will hold my skirt up.  I think I will be adding a hook and eye at the top though.  It needs something.  (I wonder if I can take it off an old bra.)


All that I have left to do is sew the buttons on the baby's vest and hem my skirt.  Because parts of a circle skirt are on the bias, the skirt has to settle or fall or whatever it does.  In short, it needs to hang for about a week before it cut it even and hem it.  So it is hanging.

I plan to add the buttons on the vest tomorrow. I also plan to put the hook and eye in tomorrow.  Next week I will cut and hem the skirt.  I think I will look into making a tulle petticoat and just wear a slip under it so it doesn't cut my stockings up.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Tucker Conrad said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

Dennis Alfred said...

HOW I FINALLY GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 THROUGH HERBALIST RAZOR HERBAL MEDICINE, What else can I say about him [HERBALIST RAZOR], today I am very grateful to him as I am finally cured of herpes Virus 1&2 . I know there are many people out there who are also in searching for cure to one disease or the other, you can as well get Dr Razor the great now for herbal medicine help through his contact address on herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com also on mobile what's app no +2349065420442 as I fully believe he is able and capable also getting rid of disease like HIV/AIDS, HPV, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS A.B,C,D,E . : Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

Post a Comment