Printfriendly

RSS

Pattern Drafting for Beginners: An Overview

Since my mom is off work, I decided to draft her to take all my measurements so that I can draft some slopers. With great anticipation, I read the "what you need" post at Ikatbag and tips from Craftsy. Since I have my drafted help, I will go ahead and get all the necessary measurements for my slopers: bodice and skirt, pant, and sleeve.

Tasha also provides lovely charts for you to record your measurements for your your pant block and blouse block, which I put to good use.

Just a quick FYI, for small prepubescent children, use the Ikatbag drafting series. This also has valuable information on using a sloper to create and adapt patterns.

Fashion Bandit also has some nice tutorials on creating patterns.

In case you don't have any yet, you can find free printable patternmaking tools.

**I may have her wrap me to make a dressform too! ;-)


BTW, if you want to learn to make your own sewing patterns with me, feel free to join our Facebook Group.  We will be using various online resources to draft our own slopers and patterns!

Source: Instruction Book Professor Livingstone's Academy

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment