Printfriendly

RSS

Fall Fashion 2013- Mini Challenge 2 (and how to draw fashion croquis)

The second Mini Challenge is to create a drawings of your line. Check out the video description:



At first, I was having trouble with this challenge, but then I found the sixth edition of Rina Abling's Fashion Sketchbook. This picture is of before I found this book and after. As you can see the book helped me to greatly improve my sketches.

So what did I do? Well, I scribbled on the back of a piece of paper with a crayon to make carbon paper. (If you have carbon paper, feel free to skip this step.) Then, I used the step-by-step instructions in the book to dress my figures.

You can find more croquis to trace here. I wish I had found these earlier so I could have used a plus sized figure.

Once I drew the figures, I used my "carbon paper" to trace the outfits without all of the extra lines. Then I used colored pencils to color them! Yay, coloring!


I couldn't decide on colors, here are my drawings!



I will likely be using the Walkaway dress instead of the shirt dress and may end up doing a hooded sweater dress in there someplace!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment